Searching files in directories

pkilambi

can anyone help me with this...

I want to search for a list for files in a given directory and if it
exists copy them to destination directory

so what i am looking for is :

file = 'file1.txt'
source_directory = '/tmp/source/'
destination_directory = '/tmp/destination/'

so If the file exists in source_directory cp that file to the
destination_directory..

hope I am clear

Larry Bates

Not tested but should be close:

import os
import shutil

files = ['file1.txt']
source_directory = '/tmp/source/'
destination_directory = '/tmp/destination/'

for file in files:
src=os.path.join(source_directory, file
dst=os.path.join(destination_directory, file
if os.path.exists(os.path.join(source_directory, file):
shutil.copy(src, dst)

-Larry Bates

George Sakkis

Larry Bates said:
Not tested but should be close:

import os
import shutil

files = ['file1.txt']
source_directory = '/tmp/source/'
destination_directory = '/tmp/destination/'

for file in files:
src=os.path.join(source_directory, file
dst=os.path.join(destination_directory, file
if os.path.exists(os.path.join(source_directory, file):
shutil.copy(src, dst)

Or more succinctly using the path module:

from path import path

files = ['file1.txt']
src_dir = path('/tmp/source/')
dest_dir = path('/tmp/destination/')