    Thanks,

    Ted

    , Feb 16, 2006

  2. kchayka Guest

    wrote:
    > It seems that with my browser (IE 6.0.29) that when I left mouse click
    > in a section created by <div> then my page up and down keys don't
    > scroll me up and down anymore.

    Are you talking about a div with its own scrollbars?

    If so, then you've hit one of the known accessibility problems with
    scrolling divs. They make keyboard navigation difficult at best,
    impossible at worst.

    > how can I fix the HTML page?

    Disabling stylesheets or applying a user-stylesheet should do it. Or you
    could complain to the page author. If that happens to be you ;) get rid
    of the scrolling div and make everyone's life easier.

    If you are talking about something else altogether, then post a URL so
    we can see what you mean.

    kchayka, Feb 16, 2006

  3. wrote:

    > It seems that with my browser (IE 6.0.29) that when I left mouse click
    > in a section created by <div> then my page up and down keys don't
    > scroll me up and down anymore. Should it? If so, how can I fix the
    > HTML page?

    Ted:

    If you mean with IE if you left-click and HOLD the button down that the
    Page Up and Page Down keys don't work?

    You can fix it by using Firefox! ;-)

    Firstly it has nothing to do with DIV's but with IE's event processing.
    And secondly it is not just the Page Up and Page Down keys. If you
    left-click and HOLD anywhere on a webpage in IE none of the direction
    keys will be recognized, Page Up, Page Down, Home, End, Up Arrow, Down
    Arrow, Left Arrow, Right Arrow!

    Does work in Gecko browsers and Opera and even old Netscape 4.x!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO