Security concern to block Win32 API in ASP.NET?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Chapman, Jul 28, 2003.

  1. Chapman

    Chapman Guest

    Hello,

    I have to call the Win32 API such as PostMessage and
    CreateNamedPipe through my ASP.NET pages (.aspx) directly,
    but all return is no error and not functioned (i.e. No
    response on client/receiver side). However it work for
    some Win32 API such as GetPrivateProfileString etc., Do
    you know what is the reason?

    Do .NET framework block the request to other process
    generated from anonymous web users?
    I have tried to change the ASP.NET user to administrator
    (both in IIS and machine.config, <processModel>), but same
    problem occurred.

    Do anyone have experience on this issue?
    How can I solve this issue? (Because I need to integrated
    with the old program)

    Many Thanks
    Chapman

    Chapman, Jul 28, 2003