Security Exception on 1&1 with SQL Server

Carl Gilbert

Hi

I am trying to get an online gallery to work (www.ngallery.org). I have
managed to get it all working on my local host but I can not get it to work
on my web space.

The site can be found at www.gallerox.com which should re-direct to
www.gallerox.com/gallerox/default.aspx

I have put the bin directory in the /gallerox folder as I have a re-director
page that points to the appropriate folder which should prevent me from
having to duplicate the bin directory on the root.

I just copied across all the files and imported the database from a .bak
file. I compiled the web application on my local machine but I am not sure
if I have to compile it on the server. In which case I have no idea on how
to do this.

I got 1&1 to set the directory to an application directory and I set the
permissions on the folder to Read and Write through the 1&1 Web Files >>
Rights Management console.

However, when I try to access the default.aspx page, I get back a security
exception which is detailed at the bottom of this post.

Does anyone know how I could resole this problem?

Regards, Carl Gilbert

Server Error in '/gallerox' Application.

Security Exception
by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission
please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust
level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the
permission of type System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib,
Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type
System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=1.0.5000.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed.]
System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.CheckHelper(PermissionSet
grantedSet, PermissionSet deniedSet, CodeAccessPermission demand,
PermissionToken permToken) +675
System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(PermissionToken permToken,
CodeAccessPermission demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Int32 checkFrames,
Int32 unrestrictedOverride) +0
System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(CodeAccessPermission cap,
StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +88
System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand() +62
System.Web.HttpRequest.MapPath(String virtualPath, String baseVirtualDir,
Boolean allowCrossAppMapping) +327
System.Web.HttpServerUtility.MapPath(String path) +61
nGallery._default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
default.aspx.cs:69
System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +218
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +18
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
+179
completedSynchronously) +87

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET
Version:1.1.4322.2300