Security problem with DCOM

Olivier Marty

Hi all

I developped a web project with .NET which interop with a DCOM dll (developped with VB6, for some reasons it's not portable so i have to use it)
It works fine on my devloppement computer (WinXP with IIS 5.0). When i put it on my product server (Win2003 with IIS 6.0) i get an error message
---- Original (fr) --
Exception de sécurité
Description : L'application a essayé d'effectuer une opération qui n'est pas autorisée par la stratégie de sécurité. Pour accorder à cette application les autorisations requises, contactez votre administrateur système ou modifiez le niveau de confiance de l'application dans le fichier de configuration.

Détails de l'exception: System.Security.SecurityException: Permission refusé
---- Translated ---
Security Exceptio
Decription : The application tried to execute an operation which is not authorized by security policy. To grant required authorization to this application, please contact your system administrator or modify application's trust level in configuration file

Exception details: System.Security.SecurityException: Permission denie
---
My DCOM dll and my site are stored separatly
My DCOM dll is declared in Components Manager

I tried a lot of things
- Signing my assembly with making strong names (with sn.exe and Assembly: AssemblyKeyFileAttribute) and my DCOM Dl
- Grant full permission to my web project main dl
- Grant full permission to the called DCOM dll with Components Manage
- Add roles to the DCOM Dll with Components Manage
- Modify the windows ACL on both DCOM Dll and site directories (to aspnet and my site users
- Grant full trusty to my web project main dll (with caspol
- Grant full trusty to the called DCOM dll signature (created with tlbimp and granted with caspol

I have no more ideas
Is there any solution but downsizing my server to windows 2000 ? (which works fine

Thanks for assistance
Olivier MARTY