    some to be displayed when securityTrimmingEnabled="true"?

    Thanks,

    Keith

    keithb, Jun 2, 2006

  2. keithb

    Brock Allen Guest

    securityTrimmingEnabled="true" simply prunes the sitemap based upon the <authorization>
    configuration element. <authorization> typically controls access to all files
    in the directory, but if used inside a <location path="SomePage.aspx"> element,
    it allows for page-/path-specific <authorization> rules.

    -Brock
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen

    Brock Allen, Jun 2, 2006

  3. keithb

    keithb Guest

    Thanks for responding. I'm still don't know how to resolve the issue since
    my web.config file does not contain a <location> element. Any suggestions?

    Thanks again,

    Keith

    keithb, Jun 2, 2006
  4. keithb

    Brock Allen Guest

    Try to access them directly by typing the URL in the browser and see if you
    get denied access. Also, you might have a custom SiteMapProvider that overrides
    IsAccessibleToUser.

    Brock Allen, Jun 2, 2006
  5. keithb

    keithb Guest

    I found what may be a partial answer. The My sitemap had a <siteMapNode>
    with an empty URL string. and inside that node were other nodes with urls to
    the files that were improperly hidded from authorized users. I removed the
    <sitemapNode> with the empty URL, which put everything in the menu on the
    same level. Now security trimming works properly.

    keithb, Jun 2, 2006