seeking tree-browser widget for use with Tkinter

Sean McIlroy

I'm looking for a widget, to be used with Tkinter, that displays a
tree whose leaves are strings. I thought there was something like that
in the Python Megawidgets, but when I look at the documentation
(http://pmw.sourceforge.net/doc/refindex.html), it doesn't seem to be
there. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Peace,
STM

Stefan Eischet

Hi Sean,

I downloaded a file called tree.py recently which has this at the top:

# Highly optimized Tkinter tree control
# by Charles E. "Gene" Cash <email gcash at cfl.rr.com>
#
# This is documented more fully on my homepage at
# http://home.cfl.rr.com/genecash/ and if it's not there, look in the
Vaults
# of Parnassus at http://www.vex.net/parnassus/ which I promise to keep
# updated.

If you can't find it there I can mail it to you.

Stefan

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou

I'm looking for a widget, to be used with Tkinter, that displays a
tree whose leaves are strings. I thought there was something like that
in the Python Megawidgets, but when I look at the documentation
(http://pmw.sourceforge.net/doc/refindex.html), it doesn't seem to be
there. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Have you got Idle on your computer? Search the idlelib directory for the
TreeWidget.py file.