Select dropdownlist item with keyboard?

Kathy Burke

Having a brainfade and can't even remember what this is called...so
searching hasn't worked very well!

I have a dropdownlist and when I hit the S key, for example, I want the
selection highlight to go down to the S alpha part of the list (Smith,
Smothers, etc.).

I just noticed that this no longer works in my asp.net pages. Could
someone please tell me how this is controlled? Asp.net or IIS setting?
Wouldn't mind knowing what this is called as well!

TIA,

Kathy

Joe Molloy

wow, I hope your clients appreciate you - first you're launching their
programs from HTA's now your spoonfeeding them selections from lists :)

This seems to work fine in my dropdown lists - just as it does in vanilla
html (hmmm, vanilla) - you wanna post some code?

Joe

Alvin Bruney

this is supposed to happen automatically, if the dropdown is not set to
autopostback. That's windows behavior. if it is set to autopostback, the on
every s it will post.

Kathy Burke

Ahhhhhh. Just to a closer look. The controls where it doesn't work ARE
those with autopostback.

Thanks for clearing this up.

Kathy

p.s. "brainfade" is quickly becoming my middle name!

...and the HTA thing is working great...learn something new every day
from you "guys"...thanks again!