Select elements on webpage in same way as with the explorer

Ask Josephsen

Hi Newsgroups

I was wondering if anyone know if (and how) it is possible to make an
html/css/js area on a webpage where you can select items by clicking in the
upper left, draggin the cursor to the lower right, leaving element in
between selected in a way a form can post? Exactly the same way as you
select a number of icons in the explorer or on your desktop.

Imagine an imagegallery with a list of thumbnails, I would like to let the
user mark a number of images and only view these selected ones. Preferably
it should work with the ctrl- and shift-button as well, but thats a minor
detail. As I can se, drag and drop of elements is possible (ex.
netvibes.com), but I have never seen any select-solution that works as in
your explorer. I'm sure it could be done in flash or java, but i'd rather
keep it in pure html/css/js.

Hope my question is clear - and that any of you can help me - thanx

Ask Josephsen

Jonas Raoni

Ask Josephsen (atinreklame.dk>) escreveu:
I was wondering if anyone know if (and how) it is possible to make an
html/css/js area on a webpage where you can select items by clicking in the
upper left, draggin the cursor to the lower right, leaving element in
between selected in a way a form can post? Exactly the same way as you
select a number of icons in the explorer or on your desktop.

Today I'm without anything to do as always =/

As I like these dhtml stuff, I decided to implement your idea some
minutes ago, since I've done most of the code before, I just needed to
adapt... So, there are a lot of things that could be cut off to reduce
the code size, but I won't do it :]

The boxes are draggable and I also added the shift and ctrl behaviours
;]

<URL:http://jsfromhell.com/tmp/select.htm>

Take a look fast, I'll delete it from the site if my friend ask me
to...

Ask Josephsen

Thank you - that is so awsome !! :)

Thats a big help and exactly what I was looking for

--

Venlig hilsen

Ask Josephsen

web: www.minreklame.dk