Selected property of list box items is not working for me. What am I missing?

tom c

In ASP.Net 1.1, the selected property of the list box is not working
for me. In the code below, I loop through all the items in a listbox.
I can see the text and value from the list box just as I extected, but
Item.selected is never true, even though I have selected muliple items.
Any idea what I might be missing?

Dim Item As ListItem
For Each Item In listA.Items
x = Item.Text