SelectedIndex in DropDownList....Please help, this is driving me crazy.....

Joe Blanchard via .NET 247

Hello,

Can someone please help me. I thought this would be simple but so far nothing I try works.....

I've got a simple update page. On this page I have a datalist bound by data from a SQL Server table. I used the standard:

MyDataList.DataSource = objDS
MyDataList.DataBind()

inside a sub to bind the data on pageload.

In this datalist I have a dropdownlist. All I want to do is have the SelectedIndex of my dropdownlist display the value from the one field (varchar) from the table defined by my SELECT statement.

Nothing I do seems to work. If it helps, I could pull the dropdownlist out of the datalist and bind directly to that if it would be easier. Can someone please lend an ear hear.........

Many thanx