    possible? I believe you can do this with MS Access but can it be done
    in HTML. I don't know how the option tag would look.
    , Jul 29, 2006

  2. wrote:

    > I have a drop down that I want to have two columns inside of. Is this
    > possible? I believe you can do this with MS Access but can it be done
    > in HTML.

    No. I'd suggest a three column table with one column containing radio
    buttons.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Jul 29, 2006

  3. Toby Inkster Guest

    David Dorward wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I have a drop down that I want to have two columns inside of. Is this
    >> possible? I believe you can do this with MS Access but can it be done
    >> in HTML.

    > No. I'd suggest a three column table with one column containing radio
    > buttons.

    Another option is something like:

    #foo, #foo OPTION {
    font-family: "Courier New", monospace;
    }
    <select name="foo" id="foo">
    <option value="001">Blue Widget&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;| 001</option>
    <option value="002">Red Widget&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;| 002</option>
    <option value="101">Blue Widget Pack&nbsp;| 101</option>
    <option value="102">Red Widget Pack&nbsp;&nbsp;| 102</option>
    <option value="200">Variety Pack&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;| 200</option>
    </select>

    Though that's fairly inelegant.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS