    command or any other way

    Pls help me

    TP

    tp, May 25, 2005

  2. "tp" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > HI...
    >
    > I have created simple .asp page and i would like to send my page as email
    > using my outlook .
    > is it possible to send form body as new email outlook body using mailto
    > command or any other way

    It is possible to set the body of an email from the construct of a mailto,
    but it's subject to the limits of a URL (because it is one,) which gives
    you all of 2kb for address, subject and body.

    Typically ASP sites use CDONTS/CDOSYS (depending on server O/S) to generate
    rich email.

    But in case you're able to work within these constraint, the syntax is:

    mailto:?subject=the%20subject&body=URL%20escaping%20rules%20apply

    -Mark

    Mark J. McGinty, May 25, 2005

  3. Kyle Peterson, May 25, 2005
  4. tp

    tp Guest

    HI...

    Thanks for your reply

    I would like to use outlook as my email because i have all contact in my
    address book so i can easily pich up email address from my outlook and send
    it to consern persion..

    Thats why i prefer Maito instead of CDONTS/CDOSYS ..

    also can guide how to write alteast 2 k from my page body ?

    mailto:?subject=the%20subject&body=URL%20escaping%20rules%20apply

    also if you look regular word file or excel file you can attach file body to
    outlook email body
    i am lookig something i can same with my webpage..if you have any idea about
    that how it works

    pls help me

    Tp

    tp, May 25, 2005