send asp page using Mailto

tp

HI...

I have created simple .asp page and i would like to send my page as email
using my outlook .
is it possible to send form body as new email outlook body using mailto
command or any other way

Pls help me

TP

Mark J. McGinty

tp said:
HI...

I have created simple .asp page and i would like to send my page as email
using my outlook .
is it possible to send form body as new email outlook body using mailto
command or any other way

It is possible to set the body of an email from the construct of a mailto,
but it's subject to the limits of a URL (because it is one,) which gives
you all of 2kb for address, subject and body.

Typically ASP sites use CDONTS/CDOSYS (depending on server O/S) to generate
rich email.

But in case you're able to work within these constraint, the syntax is:

mailto:[email protected]?subject=the%20subject&body=URL%20escaping%20rules%20apply

-Mark

tp

HI...

Thanks for your reply

I would like to use outlook as my email because i have all contact in my
address book so i can easily pich up email address from my outlook and send
it to consern persion..

Thats why i prefer Maito instead of CDONTS/CDOSYS ..

also can guide how to write alteast 2 k from my page body ?

mailto:[email protected]?subject=the%20subject&body=URL%20escaping%20rules%20apply

also if you look regular word file or excel file you can attach file body to
outlook email body
i am lookig something i can same with my webpage..if you have any idea about
that how it works

pls help me

Tp