    mailx -s "My Subject Here" < my_file_name

    Thanks in advance.

    Nick Li
    Ning li, Sep 14, 2003

  2. Ning li

    Mina Naguib Guest

    Mina Naguib, Sep 14, 2003

  3. Ning li

    Bill Zhao Guest

    "Ning li" <> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó
    news:I6P8b.140824$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am new to Perl and I would like to know the Perl equivalent of this
    > Unix mail command:
    >
    > mailx -s "My Subject Here" < my_file_name

    in perl:
    if (`mailx -s "My Subject Here" < my_file_name`) {
    die "Mail Send Fail ";
    }

    Bill Zhao, Sep 15, 2003
  4. Ning li

    Sam Holden Guest

    On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 15:51:08 +0800, Bill Zhao <> wrote:

    > "Ning li" <> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I am new to Perl and I would like to know the Perl equivalent of this
    >> Unix mail command:
    >>
    >> mailx -s "My Subject Here" < my_file_name

    > in perl:
    > if (`mailx -s "My Subject Here" < my_file_name`) {
    > die "Mail Send Fail ";
    > }

    Did you even think about that for a second? Did you really want to
    interpolate the array @mail into that command?

    Why does mailx indicate failure by outputting to stdout? That seems like
    a remarkably stupid way of indicating failure.

    Of course it probably doesn't. It's far more likely you just don't know
    how to execute a command correctly in perl...

    --
    Sam Holden
    Sam Holden, Sep 15, 2003