    maybe there is a better way of doing it?

    Regards,
    Nicolae

    Nicolae Fieraru, Mar 31, 2005

  2. Nicolae Fieraru

    Bullschmidt Guest

    <<
    I am working on a script and I have a form to a page to be submitted
    (POST-ed) to an external site.
    I need that when the user submits the form, first step is to send an
    email
    using an asp script and only after that to post the information to the
    web
    site. I can send the email but I don't know how to post the form
    automatically after I send the email. I think I can use javascript, but
    maybe there is a better way of doing it?

    To submit a form is a client-side thing to do.

    You could have a page with a bunch of hidden fields filled with info
    that immediately gets submitted with JavaScript like this toward the
    bottom of the page:

    <script type='text/javascript'>document.myform.submit();</script>

    Best regards,
    http://www.Bullschmidt.com

    Bullschmidt, Mar 31, 2005