Send mail and auto submit a form?

Nicolae Fieraru

Hi All,

I am working on a script and I have a form to a page to be submitted
(POST-ed) to an external site.
I need that when the user submits the form, first step is to send an email
using an asp script and only after that to post the information to the web
site. I can send the email but I don't know how to post the form
automatically after I send the email. I think I can use javascript, but
maybe there is a better way of doing it?

Regards,
Nicolae

Bullschmidt

<<
I am working on a script and I have a form to a page to be submitted
(POST-ed) to an external site.
I need that when the user submits the form, first step is to send an
email
using an asp script and only after that to post the information to the
web
site. I can send the email but I don't know how to post the form
automatically after I send the email. I think I can use javascript, but
maybe there is a better way of doing it?
To submit a form is a client-side thing to do.

You could have a page with a bunch of hidden fields filled with info
that immediately gets submitted with JavaScript like this toward the
bottom of the page:

<script type='text/javascript'>document.myform.submit();</script>

Best regards,
http://www.Bullschmidt.com