send username/password via perl script instead of using browser

Discussion in 'Perl' started by john brown, Jul 29, 2004.

  1. john brown

    john brown Guest

    There is a web page that I access frequently and would like to
    automate the authentication of the username and password. I would
    like to user a perl script but I'm not really sure about the steps.
    If someone could point me in the right direction. I don't know if
    it's this simple but wouldn't it just be a matter of using the LWP
    module. Calling the webpage and passing in the parameters? Any help
    would be appreciated.

    <title>Acceso</title>
    <head>
    <script>
    function resetear() {
    //document.form1.Usuario.value="";
    //document.form1.Pasw.value="";
    document.form1.Usuario.focus();
    }
    function validar(f) {
    if (f.Usuario.value.length == 0) {
    f.Usuario.focus();
    return false;
    } else if (f.Pasw.value.length == 0) {
    f.Pasw.focus();
    return false;
    }
    return true;
    }
    </script>
    charset=iso-8859-1">
    </head>
    <center>
    REGISTRADOS</b></font>
    <hr WIDTH="60%" SIZE=3 COLOR=#CCCC00>
    </center>

    <form NAME="form1" METHOD="post" ACTION="index.php">
    <center>
    BORDERCOLORLIGHT=#3399CC RULES="groups" cellpadding=4 bgcolor=#A0A0FF>
    MAXLENGTH=14></td>
    COLOR="black">Contrase&ntilde;a:</font></td>
    MAXLENGTH=14></td>
    <input TYPE="submit" VALUE="Entrar" onCLICK="return
    validar(this.form);">
    &nbsp;
    <input TYPE="reset" VALUE="Borrar">
    </center>
    </form>

    john brown, Jul 29, 2004

  2. john brown

    Robert Gauld Guest

    Not sure if it helps, but when I need to do this in a link on a
    webpage (that is presenter the user name and password), I use the
    following URL:

    simply replace <address> with the URL of the page, <username> with the
    user name and <password> with the password.

    Robert Gauld, Jul 29, 2004

  3. john brown wrote:

    > If someone could point me in the right direction. I don't know if
    > it's this simple but wouldn't it just be a matter of using the LWP
    > module. Calling the webpage and passing in the parameters? Any help

    If you login with a perl/lwp script, your login info (such as the cookie
    that the site will likely set) will be set to your lwp cookies, not your
    browser, so you won't be logged in when you go back to the site in your
    browser anyway. I suppose this would work if the site is checking logins
    based on IP, but that's dumb and they shouldn't be doing it...

    Christopher Shatto, Aug 3, 2004