Sending mail from ASP

Sonnich Jensen

Hi all!

I use the following for sending mail from ASP, but there is a problem
- it goes to a intranet thing (eRoom) which does not read it, while
Outlook etc does not have any problems.
eRoom does simply not read anything but the from and subject. The
body
is missing...

Set oMail = Server.CreateObject("ASPXP.Mail")
With oMail
.Host = email_server_address
.Port = email_server_port
.FromName = user_email
.FromAddress = user_email
.Importance = 0
.subject = "Critical design change: " & sChange
.HTMLbody = "<html><head><META http-equiv=Content-
Type
content=""text/html; charset=us-ascii"">" & _

I have tried a number of things:
format as <html><body>blabla
format as <body>blabla
format as blabla
with and without stylesheets
meta tags (<META http-equiv=Content-Type content=""text/html;
charset=us-ascii""> " & _ )
etc...

None works i eRoom. Outlook reads them all. Forwarding from Outlook
works well... so there must be some kind of thing, which Outlook
does,
that I do not

Does anyone have the slightest idea of what goes wrong here?

BR
Sonnich

Anthony Jones

Sonnich Jensen said:
[...]

Does eRoom read HTML bodies or only text bodies?
Does ASPXP.Mail create a text body?
Try sending some html with <b> or <h1> elements to outlook then forward it
to eRoom. Is the bold and heading appearance still intact?

Sonnich Jensen

Does eRoom read HTML bodies or only text bodies?

Both. I tested RTF some time ago, though I cannot remember whether
that worked.
Does ASPXP.Mail create a text body?

Tried. See previous answer.
The problem is that we loose formatting, as our part contains some
links.
Try sending some html with <b> or <h1> elements to outlook then forward it
to eRoom. Is the bold and heading appearance still intact?

Tried, mentioned in previous posting. It works well.
The only thing (and we might live with that) is that tables get lost
(tested from outlook)

Converting it to plain text works too, though it is not nice.

IGNORE!</b></p>

BR
Sonnich

Anthony Jones

Sonnich Jensen said:
Both. I tested RTF some time ago, though I cannot remember whether
that worked.

Tried. See previous answer.
The problem is that we loose formatting, as our part contains some
links.

Tried, mentioned in previous posting. It works well.
The only thing (and we might live with that) is that tables get lost
(tested from outlook)

Converting it to plain text works too, though it is not nice.

IGNORE!</b></p>

I'm not sure what else to suggest since I'm not familiar with ASPXP or
eRoom.

My next step would be to use ASPXP.Mail to email a local SMTP server
(Windows XP Pro machine would do)
and open the resulting .eml file that appears in the drop folder with
notepad. That'll might provide some clues to any irregularities. Try
sending a similar message from outlook and compare the emls.

jp2code

What is eRoom? Is this a mail reader? Does it accept HTML in the body?

What is ASPXP? Is this something you have installed? Does this product offer
support?