    from the client application, it maps the return type to
    Webservicenamespace.Venue instead of Venue.

    Should I be using Proxy classes for this or is there a better way to do it?
    Mark Thomson, Jul 25, 2005

  2. Hello Mark,

    MT> I have a web service that has a Venue class on it. I also have a
    MT> client application running on pocket pc that has the same Venue
    MT> class on it. The problem is when i perform use the
    MT>
    MT> [WebMethod]
    MT> Venue getVenue( )
    MT> from the client application, it maps the return type to
    MT> Webservicenamespace.Venue instead of Venue.
    MT>
    MT> Should I be using Proxy classes for this or is there a better way to
    MT> do it?

    U can't use proxy classes, due to u need to get access to your external class.
    The solution is to remove Venue's class description from the proxy (client
    class) and add using reference to your client Venue class in that proxy class.
    Afther that just recompile your client application.

    Be aware, that proxy return to its original state after u refresh your web-reference.
    U need to remove class description again

    ---
    WBR,
    Michael Nemtsev
    Michael Nemtsev, Jul 25, 2005