Sending Web Pages containing Javascript using MS Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Bruce, Nov 6, 2003.

  1. Bruce

    Bruce Guest

    Has anyone tried sending web pages containing javascript to another user
    also using Outlook Express?

    Mine don't work on the other end - although I'm not sure if this is because
    they don't have Javascript enabled
    in MS Explorer 6. I save the entire HTML file + script into my Stationery
    folder. Then I select Message/New Message Using [select stationery file].

    Should it work?

    Say I sent this by email:

    <head>
    <script>
    alert("Hi there!");
    </script>
    </head>

    Bruce, Nov 6, 2003

  2. Bruce

    VK Guest

    I believe it was finally locked in last releases of Outlook. And it's
    additionally locked by nearly any good antivirus. Too much of security
    rick.
    Outllok Express by default means IE installed, and IE has not the
    canonical JavaScript, it uses its JScript interpreter for both
    JavaScript and JScript. And JScript troyan, run from local disk, can
    give you such a "Hi there!" that you'll spend the rest of the week
    reinstalling your system.
    VK, Nov 6, 2003

  3. Bruce

    Bruce Guest

    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I can view it myself, on my side no problem.
    Also, if I send myself an
    email, I can view it.

    So, I can send myself a "Hi there!" no problem. The email goes from my PC
    to my ISP server back to me.
    Also, we're not writing anything to disk.

    I thought Javascript cannot write to disk? But, JScript can? I'm also
    wondering which browser does
    have the canonical Javascript engine? (Netscape? But, does not Netscape
    have many non-standard
    built-in functions? (non ECMA-compliant))?

    Oh well, assuming I'm making sense (even to myself):

    <script>
    alert("Bye bye impressing my friends with emailed javascripts.");
    </script>

    Bruce, Nov 6, 2003
  4. Bruce

    Markus Ernst Guest

    > <script>
    > alert("Bye bye impressing my friends with emailed javascripts.");
    > </script>

    Plain Text is the design of the future! ;-)

    --
    Markus
    Markus Ernst, Nov 7, 2003