Sending Web Pages containing Javascript using MS Outlook Express

Bruce

Has anyone tried sending web pages containing javascript to another user
also using Outlook Express?

Mine don't work on the other end - although I'm not sure if this is because
they don't have Javascript enabled
in MS Explorer 6. I save the entire HTML file + script into my Stationery
folder. Then I select Message/New Message Using [select stationery file].

Should it work?

Say I sent this by email:

<head>
<script>
alert("Hi there!");
</script>
</head>

VK

I believe it was finally locked in last releases of Outlook. And it's
additionally locked by nearly any good antivirus. Too much of security
rick.
Outllok Express by default means IE installed, and IE has not the
canonical JavaScript, it uses its JScript interpreter for both
JavaScript and JScript. And JScript troyan, run from local disk, can
give you such a "Hi there!" that you'll spend the rest of the week
reinstalling your system.

Bruce

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I can view it myself, on my side no problem.
Also, if I send myself an
email, I can view it.

So, I can send myself a "Hi there!" no problem. The email goes from my PC
to my ISP server back to me.
Also, we're not writing anything to disk.

I thought Javascript cannot write to disk? But, JScript can? I'm also
wondering which browser does
have the canonical Javascript engine? (Netscape? But, does not Netscape
have many non-standard
built-in functions? (non ECMA-compliant))?

Oh well, assuming I'm making sense (even to myself):

<script>
alert("Bye bye impressing my friends with emailed javascripts.");
</script>