Serial port programming (C++) in WinXP

Ani

Hi all,

I am working on Windows XP and I need to access the Serial port (COM1
& COM2) using C++/C . I donot want to use the functions provided by
windows (CreateFile .. etc) which allow me to access the serial port.
I am unable to use inportb & outportb as XP does not allow me (PL 3)
to access the hardware (PL 0) directly. Can someone help me on this ?

Thank you,
Anirudh.

GeekBoy

Ani said:
Hi all,

I am working on Windows XP and I need to access the Serial port (COM1
& COM2) using C++/C . I donot want to use the functions provided by
windows (CreateFile .. etc) which allow me to access the serial port.
I am unable to use inportb & outportb as XP does not allow me (PL 3)
to access the hardware (PL 0) directly. Can someone help me on this ?

That is about it because access to hardware is not built into C++