    2) is it possible to save it encrypted on disk?

    Thanks,

    Filippo
    Filippo, Feb 18, 2007

  2. Filippo wrote:
    > hello,
    > I want to serialize and save on disk data structures from database
    > query. The object are array of references to array so that
    >
    > $object->->[j]
    >
    > is the inner element
    >
    > 1) how can I serialize and un-serialize?

    Traditionally you'd use Storable or FreezeThaw

    > 2) is it possible to save it encrypted on disk?

    combined with an encryption module, eg Crypt::Blowfish.

    However, I've just come across

    Data::Serializer

    which kills two birds with one stone by wrapping serialization
    and encryption into one interface. I have no idea how good it is.

    Mark
    Mark Clements, Feb 18, 2007

  3. Filippo

    Filippo Guest

    On 18 Feb, 11:41, Mark Clements <>
    wrote:
    > Filippo wrote:

    > Data::Serializer
    >
    > which kills two birds with one stone by wrapping serialization
    > and encryption into one interface. I have no idea how good it is.

    thanks,

    this is esactly what I need.

    BR,

    Filippo