Serializing PreparedStatement, or: how do create a database history?

Chris

Hi,
I want to do the following and I hope you can give me hints on how to do
this:

We have a Database (MS SQL over JDBC) which is not always necessary
accessible. But this fact has to be transparent for the application
which uses the db. If the db is not available, all updates/inserts and
deletes must be saved (persistent on the harddisk!) and later be
executed on the database (SQL select is not needed).
I first thought about serializing the PreparedStatement, but first of
all it is not serializable, second, all status about the database is lost.
Simply saving the SQL string does not help, as there can be binary
objects in the query which are set using the PerparedStatement.
As this is an extension to an existing program, and PreparedStatement is
used there all over, building something around the PreparedStatement
seems like the only solution.

If you have only the slightest suggestion on how this can be done,
thanks a lot!

Regards,
Chris