Serious Problem while appending an Excel file

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by thanawala27@gmail.com, Jul 24, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hi guys,

    I had a problem while writing into an Excel file.
    What i want to do is:
    i want to write the contents of 2 variables in one cell of the Excel
    field.

    to write the contents of one variable, i use
    $worksheet->write_string($row, $col, $value1, $format);
    this works fine.

    but to write 2 variables, if i use the following code then the 2nd
    variable is overwritten on the first one.
    $worksheet->write_string($row, $col, $value1, $format);
    $worksheet->write_string($row, $col, $value2, $format);

    is there any way of appending a cell by another variable? So we can
    write the first variable, n then append the second variable.

    It would be nice if some1 could help me out.

    Any Help is appreciated.

    Thank You
    , Jul 24, 2007

  2. Paul Lalli Guest

    On Jul 24, 10:56 am, wrote:
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > I had a problem while writing into an Excel file.
    > What i want to do is:
    > i want to write the contents of 2 variables in one cell of the Excel
    > field.
    >
    > to write the contents of one variable, i use
    > $worksheet->write_string($row, $col, $value1, $format);
    > this works fine.
    >
    > but to write 2 variables, if i use the following code then the 2nd
    > variable is overwritten on the first one.
    > $worksheet->write_string($row, $col, $value1, $format);
    > $worksheet->write_string($row, $col, $value2, $format);
    >
    > is there any way of appending a cell by another variable? So we can
    > write the first variable, n then append the second variable.
    >
    > It would be nice if some1 could help me out.

    Maybe I'm just being dense here, but what's the problem with:
    $worksheet->write_string($row, $col, "$value1$value2", $format);

    ?

    Paul Lalli
    Paul Lalli, Jul 24, 2007