server control with collection

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by mr dropdown, Dec 25, 2005.

  1. mr dropdown

    mr dropdown Guest

    Hello,

    I wrote a simple server control from a sample I found on the web in the
    following URL: http://west-wind.com/weblog/posts/200.aspx

    The control has the following structure:
    <myCtl:main>
    <Columns>
    <ColumnItem id="a"></ColumnItem>
    <ColumnItem id="b"></ColumnItem>
    </Columns>
    </myCtl:main>

    The problem is that in the collection method used here requires that the tag
    of the collection control (ColumnItem) will also include the tag prefix of
    the main control so that structure must look like this:
    <myCtl:main>
    <Columns>
    <myCtl:ColumnItem id="a"></myCtl:ColumnItem>
    <myCtl:ColumnItem id="b"></myCtl:ColumnItem>
    </Columns>
    </myCtl:main>

    Is there any way to bypass this annoying thing?

    Thanks!
    mr dropdown, Dec 25, 2005

  2. mr. dropdown,
    you don't need the custom namespace notation in the html if you are
    using your own controlBuilders(ie, parsing custom html tags). see my
    post to your previous message here:

    http://groups.google.com/group/micr...716c697def2/5d299093bc9ba228#5d299093bc9ba228

    let me know if you're having issues getting things to work.

    Mike MacMillan

    Mike MacMillan, Dec 28, 2005