Server Control?

Rob Meade

Hi all,

I've started writing a server control that our development team will be able
to use in their application development, simply drop it on the page and
poomff - our coporpate template.

I should add at this point this is using .Net 1.1 not .Net 2.0 - so master
pages are out of the question...

Now, speaking of questions - back to mine...

So, I've got this control doing an html render on the page, currently just
the top part of the template, one thing I've realised is that I dont seem to
be able to directly edit the contents of it in Design view in Visual Studio
(2003) - whilst I can set the properties I've configured I was obviously
looking forward to my colleagues being able to dump their application
content in the middle...

I wonder now whether this is possible, or whether I'm going to have to have
two, or possible three controls, header, footer and maybe a left nav...

Can anyone advise me whether its possible to insert other controls/content
into the server control in design view (I'm expecting no!)..

Regards

Rob

Rob Meade

LOL! It's nice not to be disappointed! :eek:)
Putting stuff in the middle can be done by surrounding the page with
controls, so 1 control after, 1 behind.

That's what I thought, little annoying to some degree as I had already
created these as "user controls" which were dragged orinally into a
"template.aspx" file for the team to use, there was a good idea to make them
"server controls" - not entirely sure, other than having them embedded now
into Visual Studio what the benefits really are...

*sigh*

ooh, cheers- I'll check those out...

Thanks Mischa

Rob