Server Error on database insert

TomS

Hello,

I have a web page with text boxes trying to insert a new record into a SQL
2005 database. using IIS7 and VS2008

The localhost runs and updates the new record with no problem. I publish the
page and use the internet address and get a server error.

I get the following on the page after i do the update. I am using a SQL
adapter

Server Error in '/myapp' Application.

Is there a permission issue? any help please , pulling the last few hairs
out....

Guest

Hello,

I have a web page with text boxes trying to insert a new record into a SQL
2005 database. using IIS7 and VS2008

The localhost runs and updates the new record with no problem. I publish the
page and use the internet address and get a server error.

I get the following on the page after i do the update. I am using a SQL
adapter

Server Error in '/myapp' Application.

Is there a permission issue? any help please , pulling the last few hairs
out....

Hi Tom

Change customErrors mode to "Off" in the web.config file. Run your
application again, and you should now see an error with the stack
trace. This should help you to identify the problem.

Hope this helps

TomS

Thanks - i got it working. I added the USER ASPNET and gave it
permissions... all is good :)

[...]

Glad to hear it works