    I askes this in other forums as well but i also asked here because
    you people are on the business of web design/programmign and there is
    a good chanc of you know...
    skieros, Apr 18, 2007

  2. skieros wrote:
    > Hello iam thinkignt o start a web design + domain registration +
    > hosting company on my own and i want to ask you if you know where can
    > i find reliable an very cheap servers for rent. Thank you.
    >
    > I askes this in other forums as well but i also asked here because
    > you people are on the business of web design/programmign and there is
    > a good chanc of you know...

    I've never done any "web design/programmign" so perhaps you are mistaken?

    John
    John W. Krahn, Apr 18, 2007

  3. skieros

    Jurgen Exner Guest

    skieros wrote:
    > you people are on the business of web design/programmign

    You are mistaken

    jue
    Jurgen Exner, Apr 18, 2007
  4. skieros

    skieros Guest

    On Apr 19, 1:55 am, Michele Dondi <> wrote:
    > On 18 Apr 2007 13:48:48 -0700, skieros <> wrote:
    >
    > >I askes this in other forums as well but i also asked here because
    > >you people are on the business of web design/programmign and there is
    > >a good chanc of you know...

    > Am I? Whoa, I didn't know!!

    Where do you host your perl cgi scripts that you make for yourself an
    otthers? :)
    skieros, Apr 19, 2007
  5. skieros

    skieros Guest

    On Apr 19, 12:17 pm, Michele Dondi <> wrote:

    > PS: for the *very rare* situations in which I have/want to, I have
    > access to a few machines kindly offered to me by friends.

    Well does someone of you want to give me access to a server of his
    please so to start hosting a website that i made so to be abel to save
    money for renting a server?

    If you dont want to it for free i understand but i can afford 5-10$/
    month.

    Please accept my offer, servers just cost to much...
    skieros, Apr 19, 2007
  6. skieros <> wrote in news:1176980600.069084.28830
    @l77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

    > On Apr 19, 12:17 pm, Michele Dondi <> wrote:
    >
    >> PS: for the *very rare* situations in which I have/want to, I have
    >> access to a few machines kindly offered to me by friends.

    > Well does someone of you want to give me access to a server of his
    > please so to start hosting a website that i made so to be abel to save
    > money for renting a server?

    I think that is an offer we *can* refuse. In any case, this is not the
    right group for this discussion. You seem unable to understand the polite
    hints people have been dropping.

    Bye,

    Sinan

    --
    A. Sinan Unur <>
    clpmisc guidelines: <URL:http://www.augustmail.com/~tadmc/clpmisc.shtml>
    A. Sinan Unur, Apr 19, 2007
  7. skieros wrote:
    > On Apr 19, 12:17 pm, Michele Dondi <> wrote:
    >
    >>PS: for the *very rare* situations in which I have/want to, I have
    >>access to a few machines kindly offered to me by friends.

    > Well does someone of you want to give me access to a server of his

    Every computer I own is a server as they all run Linux/BSD, and *no* I will
    not give you access to one but you can download and install Linux or BSD yourself.

    John
    John W. Krahn, Apr 19, 2007
  8. skieros

    skieros Guest

    On Apr 19, 4:28 pm, "John W. Krahn" <> wrote:
    > skieros wrote:
    > > On Apr 19, 12:17 pm, Michele Dondi <> wrote:

    > >>PS: for the *very rare* situations in which I have/want to, I have
    > >>access to a few machines kindly offered to me by friends.

    > > Well does someone of you want to give me access to a server of his

    > Every computer I own is a server as they all run Linux/BSD, and *no* I will
    > not give you access to one but you can download and install Linux or BSD yourself.

    I laready know that. As a matter of fatc i do have a dual boot system
    but problem is i cant serve customers from an adsl line of 256kbit
    upload.

    >From now and one please only people answerign this post with a "yes" i

    can rent you a linxu server answer my offer, not every and each of you
    posting to just say no...
    skieros, Apr 19, 2007
  9. skieros wrote:
    >>> Well does someone of you want to give me access to a server of his

    >> From now and one

    What do you mean with "now and one"? I am not familiar with this term.

    > please only people answerign this post with a "yes"

    > can rent you a linxu server answer my offer, not every and each of you
    > posting to just say no...

    You don't get it, do you? Once again very slowly, such that maybe even you
    can understand:

    THIS USENET NEWSGROUP IS FOR DISCUSSING THE Perl PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE.

    This group has nothing to do with CGI and it has nothing to do with web
    servers and it certainly has nothing to do with aquiring whatever server it
    is you are looking for, no matter if for rent or for free.

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Apr 19, 2007
  10. skieros

    skieros Guest

    On Apr 19, 5:37 pm, "Jürgen Exner" <> wrote:
    > >> From now and one

    > What do you mean with "now and one"? I am not familiar with this term.
    >
    > > please only people answerign this post with a "yes"

    > > can rent you a linxu server answer my offer, not every and each of you
    > > posting to just say no...

    > You don't get it, do you? Once again very slowly, such that maybe even you
    > can understand:
    >
    > THIS USENET NEWSGROUP IS FOR DISCUSSING THE Perl PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE.
    >
    > This group has nothing to do with CGI and it has nothing to do with web
    > servers and it certainly has nothing to do with aquiring whatever server it
    > is you are looking for, no matter if for rent or for free.
    >
    > jue

    I knwo whats this group is about but sometiems you cna get help from
    anywhere.
    skieros, Apr 19, 2007
  11. skieros wrote:
    >> THIS USENET NEWSGROUP IS FOR DISCUSSING THE Perl PROGRAMMING
    >> LANGUAGE.
    >>
    >> This group has nothing to do with CGI and it has nothing to do with
    >> web servers and it certainly has nothing to do with aquiring
    >> whatever server it is you are looking for, no matter if for rent or
    >> for free.

    > I knwo whats this group is about

    No, I guess you don't get it.

    > but sometiems you cna get help from
    > anywhere.

    Plus again my spell checker complained about 4 unkown words in just 1
    sentence, over 25% misspelled.

    Well, you certainly won't get any reply from me any more.

    *PLONK*

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Apr 19, 2007
  12. skieros

    skieros Guest

    On Apr 19, 7:03 pm, "Jürgen Exner" <> wrote:
    > skieros wrote:
    > >> THIS USENET NEWSGROUP IS FOR DISCUSSING THE Perl PROGRAMMING
    > >> LANGUAGE.

    > >> This group has nothing to do with CGI and it has nothing to do with
    > >> web servers and it certainly has nothing to do with aquiring
    > >> whatever server it is you are looking for, no matter if for rent or
    > >> for free.

    > > I knwo whats this group is about

    > No, I guess you don't get it.
    >
    > > but sometiems you cna get help from
    > > anywhere.

    > Plus again my spell checker complained about 4 unkown words in just 1
    > sentence, over 25% misspelled.
    >
    > Well, you certainly won't get any reply from me any more.
    >
    > *PLONK*
    >
    > jue

    Couldnt care less....and i dotn have an online spelling checker, the
    typos are due to speed iam writing...
    skieros, Apr 19, 2007
  13. skieros

    Keith Keller Guest

    On 2007-04-19, skieros <> wrote:

    > Couldnt care less....and i dotn have an online spelling checker, the
    > typos are due to speed iam writing...

    If you took that time to think about what you're writing, perhaps you'd
    realize that this is *still* not an appropriate place for your question.
    At this point, I think that even if people did have a recommendation,
    they wouldn't tell you, to avoid inflicting a customer like you on a
    decent web host.

    --keith

    --
    -francisco.ca.us
    (try just my userid to email me)
    Keith Keller, Apr 19, 2007
  14. skieros

    skieros Guest

    On Apr 19, 10:20 pm, Michele Dondi <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 14:37:19 GMT, "Jürgen Exner"
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > > THIS USENET NEWSGROUP IS FOR DISCUSSING THE Perl PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE.

    > >This group has nothing to do with CGI and it has nothing to do with web

    > s/nothing/very little/g;
    >
    > >servers and it certainly has nothing to do with aquiring whatever serverit
    > >is you are looking for, no matter if for rent or for free.

    > s/nothing/$&/g; # Oh, well!

    I understaned the first substitute operator but not the 2nd.
    skieros, Apr 19, 2007
  15. skieros

    skieros Guest

    On Apr 19, 10:22 pm, Michele Dondi <> wrote:

    > Wriet more slowly tehn! Respect the people you're talking to. Or else
    > how do you expect them to respect you?

    Looool, Michael ok! Its very funny to see tht you deliberately posted
    they way i do!

    I wasn't feel un-respected though from your typos but it was quite
    funny instead! But ok, ill try typing slower at least here :)
    skieros, Apr 19, 2007
  16. skieros <> wrote:

    >> What do you mean with "now and one"? I am not familiar with this term.
    >>
    >> > please only people answerign this post with a "yes"
    >> > can rent you a linxu server answer my offer, not every and each of you
    >> > posting to just say no...

    >> You don't get it, do you? Once again very slowly, such that maybe even you
    >> can understand:
    >>
    >> THIS USENET NEWSGROUP IS FOR DISCUSSING THE Perl PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE.
    >>
    >> This group has nothing to do with CGI and it has nothing to do with web
    >> servers and it certainly has nothing to do with aquiring whatever server it
    >> is you are looking for, no matter if for rent or for free.
    >>
    >> jue

    > I knwo whats this group is about but sometiems you cna get help from
    > anywhere.

    Please stop littering in our park.

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming
    Tad McClellan, Apr 20, 2007
  17. skieros <> wrote:
    > On Apr 19, 7:03 pm, "Jürgen Exner" <> wrote:

    >> *PLONK*

    > Couldnt care less....

    Then feel free to have another.

    *plonk*

    > and i dotn have an online spelling checker, the
    > typos are due to speed iam writing...

    Your typos convey that you do not value the time of your audience.

    That is likely to piss them off too.

    Tad McClellan, Apr 20, 2007
  18. skieros

    Guest

    On Apr 18, 2:48 pm, skieros <> wrote:
    > Hello iam thinkignt o start a web design + domain registration +
    > hosting company on my own and i want to ask you if you know where can
    > i find reliable an very cheap servers for rent. Thank you.

    Reliable and Cheap can't be used in the same sentence. Also, what's
    cheap to one may not be cheap to another. You *CAN* lease dedicated
    servers for as little as $59 a month but that particular computer
    could be thrown together in under $250.

    The BEST thing you can do (financially and performance wise) is to
    build your own server then send you're server to a housing facility
    that will provide you with IP addresses and a fast connection. This is
    called co-location. Most big web hosts and ISPs that offer Dedicated
    Server will have a co-location service. This is a good way to save on
    monthly costs but you're still looking anywheres from $60 to a couple
    hundred a month.

    *IF* you cannot afford either routes you can always get a VPS (Virtual
    Private Server). Just like the name suggests it's a virtual server
    hosted on a dedicated server. Though it's a shared environment the
    Memory, Resources, and Space are dedicated and guaranteed for each
    VPS. VPS's will run anywheres from $29/month up to $99/month.

    *IF* a VPS is too expensive for you then it would be a good idea to
    get a Web Host that offers a RESELLERS ACCOUNT. This is Shared Hosting
    in a Shared Environment but it's usually dirt cheap. You can charge
    your customers whatever but a portion must go to the Web Host. This is
    the easiest way to do what you seek. This will cost you anywheres from
    $8-$49 per month.

    *IF* that is too expensive than you must be reminded that it takes
    money to make money and if you are planning to make solid money than
    it is a wise idea to invest in your project.

    There are too many Web Hosts out there. Since you mentioned $5/month
    in another post I won't even bother showing you any servers. You can
    check out http://www.jaguarpc.net for shared hosting.

    > I askes this in other forums as well but i also asked here

    It's poor netiquette, selfish, and greedy to clutter usenet with cross
    posts hoping to get your answer faster. It's better to take a little
    more time to find the appropriate on-topic group to post your question
    in to ensure the response you want. I was just being nice to you.

    > you people are on the business of web design/programmign

    Perl has nothing to do with the World Wide Web. In fact, most people
    here don't know how to program Perl for the web. In the late 90's Perl
    became the language of choice for CGI applications but Perl was never
    written nor meant to be used for the internet. You apparently didn't
    know, which is not a big deal. But Jurgen Exner Tad McClellan, and
    Michele Dondi are classic anti-social dorks who don't know how to
    socially interact with other PEOPLE.

    > and there is a good chanc of you know...

    There really wasn't. A newsgroup focused on Web Hosts or Web Masters
    probably would of been a better choice.

    Check out

    http://www.jaguarpc.net
    http://www.communitech.net
    http://www.ev1servers.net

    All good companies that offer Reseller Programs.

    Also check out http://www.godaddy.com to become a reseller for Domain
    Names too. I believe Dotster also has a program.
    , Apr 20, 2007
  19. skieros

    skieros Guest

    On Apr 20, 4:39 am, Tad McClellan <> wrote:

    > Please stop littering in our park.

    Please stop sending me insulting mails, contact me with insulting
    messages through instant messengers and now talk to me from here you
    sick person.

    You send me 5 mails yesterday and every hour talk to me to IM and now
    here. Youa re one sick puppy. Go stick your head somewhere...
    skieros, Apr 20, 2007
  20. skieros

    skieros Guest

    On Apr 20, 4:41 am, Tad McClellan <> wrote:
    > skieros <> wrote:
    > > and i dotn have an online spelling checker, the
    > > typos are due to speed iam writing...

    > Your typos convey that you do not value the time of your audience.

    No, they just convey that i type faster that i currently can, which
    iam correcting at the moment.

    > That is likely to piss them off too.

    Not all of the people here are anti-social dorks like you are.
    skieros, Apr 20, 2007