Server For Rent? Where?

skieros

Hello iam thinkignt o start a web design + domain registration +
hosting company on my own and i want to ask you if you know where can
i find reliable an very cheap servers for rent. Thank you.

I askes this in other forums as well but i also asked here because
you people are on the business of web design/programmign and there is
a good chanc of you know...

John W. Krahn

skieros said:
Hello iam thinkignt o start a web design + domain registration +
hosting company on my own and i want to ask you if you know where can
i find reliable an very cheap servers for rent. Thank you.

I askes this in other forums as well but i also asked here because
you people are on the business of web design/programmign and there is
a good chanc of you know...

I've never done any "web design/programmign" so perhaps you are mistaken?

John

skieros

PS: for the *very rare* situations in which I have/want to, I have
access to a few machines kindly offered to me by friends.

Well does someone of you want to give me access to a server of his
please so to start hosting a website that i made so to be abel to save
money for renting a server?

If you dont want to it for free i understand but i can afford 5-10$/
month.

Please accept my offer, servers just cost to much...

A. Sinan Unur

Well does someone of you want to give me access to a server of his
please so to start hosting a website that i made so to be abel to save
money for renting a server?

I think that is an offer we *can* refuse. In any case, this is not the
right group for this discussion. You seem unable to understand the polite
hints people have been dropping.

Bye,

Sinan

John W. Krahn

skieros said:
Well does someone of you want to give me access to a server of his

Every computer I own is a server as they all run Linux/BSD, and *no* I will
not give you access to one but you can download and install Linux or BSD yourself.

John

skieros

Every computer I own is a server as they all run Linux/BSD, and *no* I will
not give you access to one but you can download and install Linux or BSD yourself.

I laready know that. As a matter of fatc i do have a dual boot system
but problem is i cant serve customers from an adsl line of 256kbit
upload.
From now and one please only people answerign this post with a "yes" i
can rent you a linxu server answer my offer, not every and each of you
posting to just say no...

Jürgen Exner

What do you mean with "now and one"? I am not familiar with this term.
please only people answerign this post with a "yes"
can rent you a linxu server answer my offer, not every and each of you
posting to just say no...

You don't get it, do you? Once again very slowly, such that maybe even you
can understand:

THIS USENET NEWSGROUP IS FOR DISCUSSING THE Perl PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE.

This group has nothing to do with CGI and it has nothing to do with web
servers and it certainly has nothing to do with aquiring whatever server it
is you are looking for, no matter if for rent or for free.

jue

skieros

What do you mean with "now and one"? I am not familiar with this term.

You don't get it, do you? Once again very slowly, such that maybe even you
can understand:

THIS USENET NEWSGROUP IS FOR DISCUSSING THE Perl PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE.

This group has nothing to do with CGI and it has nothing to do with web
servers and it certainly has nothing to do with aquiring whatever server it
is you are looking for, no matter if for rent or for free.

jue

I knwo whats this group is about but sometiems you cna get help from
anywhere.

Jürgen Exner

skieros said:
I knwo whats this group is about

No, I guess you don't get it.
but sometiems you cna get help from
anywhere.

Plus again my spell checker complained about 4 unkown words in just 1
sentence, over 25% misspelled.

Well, you certainly won't get any reply from me any more.

*PLONK*

jue

skieros

No, I guess you don't get it.

Plus again my spell checker complained about 4 unkown words in just 1
sentence, over 25% misspelled.

Well, you certainly won't get any reply from me any more.

*PLONK*

jue

Couldnt care less....and i dotn have an online spelling checker, the
typos are due to speed iam writing...

Keith Keller

Couldnt care less....and i dotn have an online spelling checker, the
typos are due to speed iam writing...

If you took that time to think about what you're writing, perhaps you'd
realize that this is *still* not an appropriate place for your question.
At this point, I think that even if people did have a recommendation,
they wouldn't tell you, to avoid inflicting a customer like you on a
decent web host.

--keith

skieros

Wriet more slowly tehn! Respect the people you're talking to. Or else
how do you expect them to respect you?

Looool, Michael ok! Its very funny to see tht you deliberately posted
they way i do!

I wasn't feel un-respected though from your typos but it was quite
funny instead! But ok, ill try typing slower at least here :)

Tad McClellan

skieros said:
Couldnt care less....

Then feel free to have another.

*plonk*

and i dotn have an online spelling checker, the
typos are due to speed iam writing...

Your typos convey that you do not value the time of your audience.

That is likely to piss them off too.

jayjuliano

Hello iam thinkignt o start a web design + domain registration +
hosting company on my own and i want to ask you if you know where can
i find reliable an very cheap servers for rent. Thank you.

Reliable and Cheap can't be used in the same sentence. Also, what's
cheap to one may not be cheap to another. You *CAN* lease dedicated
servers for as little as $59 a month but that particular computer
could be thrown together in under $250.

The BEST thing you can do (financially and performance wise) is to
build your own server then send you're server to a housing facility
that will provide you with IP addresses and a fast connection. This is
called co-location. Most big web hosts and ISPs that offer Dedicated
Server will have a co-location service. This is a good way to save on
monthly costs but you're still looking anywheres from $60 to a couple
hundred a month.

*IF* you cannot afford either routes you can always get a VPS (Virtual
Private Server). Just like the name suggests it's a virtual server
hosted on a dedicated server. Though it's a shared environment the
Memory, Resources, and Space are dedicated and guaranteed for each
VPS. VPS's will run anywheres from $29/month up to $99/month.

*IF* a VPS is too expensive for you then it would be a good idea to
get a Web Host that offers a RESELLERS ACCOUNT. This is Shared Hosting
in a Shared Environment but it's usually dirt cheap. You can charge
your customers whatever but a portion must go to the Web Host. This is
the easiest way to do what you seek. This will cost you anywheres from
$8-$49 per month.

*IF* that is too expensive than you must be reminded that it takes
money to make money and if you are planning to make solid money than
it is a wise idea to invest in your project.

There are too many Web Hosts out there. Since you mentioned $5/month
in another post I won't even bother showing you any servers. You can
check out http://www.jaguarpc.net for shared hosting.
I askes this in other forums as well but i also asked here

It's poor netiquette, selfish, and greedy to clutter usenet with cross
posts hoping to get your answer faster. It's better to take a little
more time to find the appropriate on-topic group to post your question
in to ensure the response you want. I was just being nice to you.
you people are on the business of web design/programmign

Perl has nothing to do with the World Wide Web. In fact, most people
here don't know how to program Perl for the web. In the late 90's Perl
became the language of choice for CGI applications but Perl was never
written nor meant to be used for the internet. You apparently didn't
know, which is not a big deal. But Jurgen Exner Tad McClellan, and
Michele Dondi are classic anti-social dorks who don't know how to
socially interact with other PEOPLE.
and there is a good chanc of you know...

There really wasn't. A newsgroup focused on Web Hosts or Web Masters
probably would of been a better choice.

Check out

http://www.jaguarpc.net
http://www.communitech.net
http://www.ev1servers.net

All good companies that offer Reseller Programs.

Also check out http://www.godaddy.com to become a reseller for Domain
Names too. I believe Dotster also has a program.

skieros

Please stop littering in our park.

Please stop sending me insulting mails, contact me with insulting
messages through instant messengers and now talk to me from here you
sick person.

You send me 5 mails yesterday and every hour talk to me to IM and now
here. Youa re one sick puppy. Go stick your head somewhere...

skieros

Your typos convey that you do not value the time of your audience.

No, they just convey that i type faster that i currently can, which
iam correcting at the moment.
That is likely to piss them off too.

Not all of the people here are anti-social dorks like you are.