Server.Transfer Error

n#

A Basic Question in ASP.NEt 1.1

In Page_Load Event I am doing a Server.Transfer.

But it throws an error on the browser windows showing "Server
Application Not Found"

Pls help me

mark carew

A Basic Question in ASP.NEt 1.1

In Page_Load Event I am doing a Server.Transfer.

But it throws an error on the browser windows showing "Server
Application Not Found"

Pls help me

Code please. Sounds like you have misspelt the name of the .aspx file that
you are trying to transfer to.

n#

No I just say server.transfer(index.aspx)

I hope there shouldn't be any misspelling...

n#

No I just say server.transfer(index.aspx)

Where else the old and better Response.Redirect is working fine.

Also to add a point, in Global.asa in Application_Error,
Server.Transfer is working Fine.

I hope there shouldn't be any misspelling...

n#

I was using the right server.transfer("index.aspx")

But anyway I found the issue. I was doing Server.Transfer based on
HTTP_REFERRER - which ultimately leads to recursive Server.Transfera &
hence appln fails.

Thanks a lot

Juan T. Llibre

re:
I was doing Server.Transfer based on HTTP_REFERRER
- which ultimately leads to recursive Server.Transfers

Interesting.
Thanks for sharing the solution.