Server.Transfer gives object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Greg, Nov 22, 2005.

  1. Greg

    Greg Guest

    Why would I get this suddenly now that I am running in VS 2005:

    System.NullReferenceException was unhandled by user code
    Message="Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
    Source="System.Web"
    StackTrace:
    at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Transfer(String path, Boolean
    preserveForm)
    at VPM.Global.Application_Error(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
    C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\VPM\App_Code\Global.asax.vb:line 104
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.RaiseOnError()

    All I am trying to do is:

    Sub Application_Error(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
    ' Fires when an error occurs
    Server.Transfer("/VPM/Forms/Processing/P_ErrorPage.aspx",
    True)

    End Sub

    in the global.asax

    Greg, Nov 22, 2005