Server.Transfer loses posted values

Gary Varga

I have an ASP.NET application that is working under v1.0
of the framework but is not working under v1.1.

The application uses logical addresses to map to
physical addresses of the pages in the application (e.g.
http://www.blah.com/App/DoYourStuff.page refers to
http://www.blah.com/App/DoYourStuff.aspx).

There is an HTTPModule that looks up the physical address
from the logical address and calls Server.Transfer
(<physical address>, True).

This used to work fine with postbacks but now calls the
page as if it was the first time it was requested.

The nearest I can get to finding something similar online
is the change in default when you do not provide the
preserveForm parameter. Here I do, I have always
specified the choice explicitly.

I have even tried to reverse the preserveForm values but,
unsurprisingly, to no effect.

Many thanks,
Gaz