Server.Transfer loses posted values

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Gary Varga, Jul 22, 2003.

  1. Gary Varga

    Gary Varga Guest

    I have an ASP.NET application that is working under v1.0
    of the framework but is not working under v1.1.

    The application uses logical addresses to map to
    physical addresses of the pages in the application (e.g.
    http://www.blah.com/App/DoYourStuff.page refers to
    http://www.blah.com/App/DoYourStuff.aspx).

    There is an HTTPModule that looks up the physical address
    from the logical address and calls Server.Transfer
    (<physical address>, True).

    This used to work fine with postbacks but now calls the
    page as if it was the first time it was requested.

    The nearest I can get to finding something similar online
    is the change in default when you do not provide the
    preserveForm parameter. Here I do, I have always
    specified the choice explicitly.

    I have even tried to reverse the preserveForm values but,
    unsurprisingly, to no effect.

    Many thanks,
    Gaz

    Gary Varga, Jul 22, 2003