Serving/linking to static pages in Instiki?

edhead2003

Hello all,

Sorry if this is slightly OT but this NG has the highest number of hits
for Instiki (and instiki.org's ML is unsearchable, gaah).

Does anyone know how to link to static content with Instiki? Would this
static stuff then be served correctly (relative links honoured etc?)

I've found references to dropping stuff into public which I have done
but absolutely no combination of paths/markup/whatever seems to access
the pages from a wiki page...

Most grateful for any reponses

Instiki 0.10.2 on Win32 (I'm sorry to say)

cam

Assaph Mehr

Hi Cam,

Does anyone know how to link to static content with Instiki? Would this
static stuff then be served correctly (relative links honoured etc?)

I've found references to dropping stuff into public which I have done
but absolutely no combination of paths/markup/whatever seems to access
the pages from a wiki page...

Try placing the file under the 'public' directory, the link using textile, =
e.g.:
"this file":/my_file.doc

The forward slash is important. Don't use subdirectories either. All
this is because the way rails/instiki handles request routing - you're
asking something at the top-level which isn't mapped to any known
controller, so it checks for files under /public.

On a happier note, Instiki will be getting file uploads capacity soon.

HTH,
Assaph

edhead

Assaph,

Thanks - that did it. Also, I was attempting to reference a shortcut
(dim).

One for the FAQ, I would have thought...