servlet enquiry

Ross

Dear all,
I hope my posting here is appropriate.

I have generated a class file which is not under /usr/java
How can i tell the tomcat servlet to locate this class file? the server is
accessed through HTML FORM POST action. and it just says the file cannot be
found.

any idea? thx in advance.

Bryce

Dear all,
I hope my posting here is appropriate.

I have generated a class file which is not under /usr/java
How can i tell the tomcat servlet to locate this class file? the server is
accessed through HTML FORM POST action. and it just says the file cannot be
found.

Well, generally, it goes in your webapp's WEB-INF/classes folder. If
you don't know what that is, I highly suggest reading a good
book/tutorial on writing servlets...

Ross

Bryce said:
Well, generally, it goes in your webapp's WEB-INF/classes folder. If
you don't know what that is, I highly suggest reading a good
book/tutorial on writing servlets...

well i should say how to tell the browser executes the .class under that
WEB-INF folder. anyway, thanks for your input :)

Wendy S

Ross said:
well i should say how to tell the browser executes the .class under that
WEB-INF folder. anyway, thanks for your input :)

The browser doesn't execute it, Tomcat does. You need to map the Servlet to
a URL pattern in web.xml.

Bryce

well i should say how to tell the browser executes the .class under that
WEB-INF folder. anyway, thanks for your input :)

You don't, as long as you map the URL pattern to that class.

Again, its all basic stuff that can be learned in a simple Servlet
tutorial