Servlet not working

Discussion in 'Java' started by dami.gupta@gmail.com, Apr 3, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hello,
    This is a newbie question. Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

    I am using JBoss. My servlet, HelloServlet, prints a simple Hello
    statement. I create a hello.war file with files

    welcome.html
    META-INF/Manifest.mf
    WEB-INF/web.xml
    WEB-INF/classes/hello/HelloServlet.class

    web.xml is as -

    <?xml version="1.0"?>

    <!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web
    Application 2.3//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd" >

    <web-app>
    <servlet>
    <servlet-name>HelloServlet</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>hello.HelloServlet</servlet-class>
    </servlet>
    <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>HelloServlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/HelloServlet</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
    <welcome-file-list>
    <welcome-file>welcome.html</welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>
    </web-app>

    I place the hello.war in the jboss/server/default/deploy directory.
    JBoss starts up fine saying that the war file has been deployed.
    In my browser, I type
    http://localhost:8080/hello/welcome.html
    This works fine.

    However when I do
    http://localhost:8080/hello/HelloServlet

    I get
    "Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server Error) that
    prevented it from fulfilling this request"
    ...and so on

    I have been following the SAMS Teach yourself EJB book.

    Further, I have also tried putting my files in jboss/catalina/webapps
    The structure is as

    webapps/helloapp/welcome.html
    webapps/helloapp/META-INF
    webapps/helloapp/WEB-INF/web.xml
    webapps/helloapp/WEB-INF/classes/hello/HelloServlet.class

    At the browser, I do
    http://localhost:8080/helloapp/HelloServlet and get

    No Context configured to process this request
    The server encountered an internal error (No Context configured to
    process this request) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

    Please help. Thanks, DG

    , Apr 3, 2007

    On Apr 3, 2:01 pm, wrote:
    > Hello,
    > This is a newbie question. Any help would be MUCH appreciated.
    >
    > I am using JBoss. My servlet, HelloServlet, prints a simple Hello
    > statement. I create a hello.war file with files
    >
    > welcome.html
    > META-INF/Manifest.mf
    > WEB-INF/web.xml
    > WEB-INF/classes/hello/HelloServlet.class
    >
    > web.xml is as -
    >
    > <?xml version="1.0"?>
    >
    > <!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web
    > Application 2.3//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd" >
    >
    > <web-app>
    > <servlet>
    > <servlet-name>HelloServlet</servlet-name>
    > <servlet-class>hello.HelloServlet</servlet-class>
    > </servlet>
    > <servlet-mapping>
    > <servlet-name>HelloServlet</servlet-name>
    > <url-pattern>/HelloServlet</url-pattern>
    > </servlet-mapping>
    > <welcome-file-list>
    > <welcome-file>welcome.html</welcome-file>
    > </welcome-file-list>
    > </web-app>
    >
    > I place the hello.war in the jboss/server/default/deploy directory.
    > JBoss starts up fine saying that the war file has been deployed.
    > In my browser, I typehttp://localhost:8080/hello/welcome.html
    > This works fine.
    >
    > However when I dohttp://localhost:8080/hello/HelloServlet
    >
    > I get
    > "Internal Server Error
    > The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server Error) that
    > prevented it from fulfilling this request"
    > ..and so on
    >
    > I have been following the SAMS Teach yourself EJB book.
    >
    > Further, I have also tried putting my files in jboss/catalina/webapps
    > The structure is as
    >
    > webapps/helloapp/welcome.html
    > webapps/helloapp/META-INF
    > webapps/helloapp/WEB-INF/web.xml
    > webapps/helloapp/WEB-INF/classes/hello/HelloServlet.class
    >
    > At the browser, I dohttp://localhost:8080/helloapp/HelloServletand get
    >
    > No Context configured to process this request
    > The server encountered an internal error (No Context configured to
    > process this request) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
    >
    > Please help. Thanks, DG

    Hi All,

    I don't know how, but it seems to have all started working now.
    I thank you all very very very much.
    DG

    , Apr 3, 2007