    http://www.site.com/page.jsp#chapter1

    I need to get "chapter1" String
    , May 29, 2006

  2. Rogan Dawes Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi people!
    >
    > There's some way to get the anchor from url in a servlet? I'm trying to
    > use HTTPRequestServlet but don't works.
    >
    > thanks a lot
    >
    > examplo
    > http://www.site.com/page.jsp#chapter1
    >
    > I need to get "chapter1" String

    You can't. The anchor is never sent to the server.

    It is simply used by the browser to position the view of the rendered
    HTML page at the referenced anchor, once the page has been retrieved.
    But the anchor itself is never sent to the server.

    Use an intercepting proxy such as WebScarab or Paros to see what I mean.

    Rogan
    Rogan Dawes, May 29, 2006

    I'll take a look WebScarab or Paros to understand better, thanks a lot.

    Rogan Dawes wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Hi people!
    > >
    > > There's some way to get the anchor from url in a servlet? I'm trying to
    > > use HTTPRequestServlet but don't works.
    > >
    > > thanks a lot
    > >
    > > examplo
    > > http://www.site.com/page.jsp#chapter1
    > >
    > > I need to get "chapter1" String
    > >

    > You can't. The anchor is never sent to the server.
    >
    > It is simply used by the browser to position the view of the rendered
    > HTML page at the referenced anchor, once the page has been retrieved.
    > But the anchor itself is never sent to the server.
    >
    > Use an intercepting proxy such as WebScarab or Paros to see what I mean.
    >
    > Rogan
    , May 31, 2006