session-scope object "disappears" in IE6 but not Firefox

HL

Hi,

I have a small application that authenticates the user and stores the
credentials and other identity info in a session-scope object. After
browsing a few pages, that session-scope object would disappear, causing the
user to be routed back to the login page.

The funny thing is, this phenomenon only happens in IE, but not in Firefox
(run on the same machine). I tested again and again, and the problem is
predictable and reproducible. If this comes from bad coding or server
mis-configuration, I couldn't understand why it only happens to IE. It also
seems as if IE is losing the session cookie. (I already tried changing the
security settings to allow ALL cookies, but the same thing happend.)

The page navigation doesn't use javascript. On the server, a base page class
is checking the session-scope identity object. If it is null, then the
server would redirect the user to the login page.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Henry