Session Sharing Across the domain

Joyjit Mukherjee

Hi,

store session data with SessionStateMode set to StateServer if performance
is important, or set it to SQLServer if reliability is your main concern.

regards
Joyjit

Suresh

Hi ,

Thanks for Reply,

Problem here is I want to share the session state between ASP and ASP.Net
across the domains. In more clearer, ASPX pages are under abc.com domain and
ASP Pages are under xyz.com domain. I want to call an ASP page which is
under xyz.com from ASPX page that is under abc.com by persisting the state
information.

Thanks
Suresh

Suresh

Hi,

We have tried that aproach. That article works fine only when both ASP and
ASPX pages are under the same domain. It doesn't work when the pages are
under different domains.

Thanks
Suresh

Suresh

documentation on the <sessionState> element in the web.config file can not
help to solve this problem

Suresh

John Saunders

Suresh said:
documentation on the <sessionState> element in the web.config file can not
help to solve this problem

It helps with the idea of cookieless sessions. Is something more required to
solve this problem? If the sessions don't use cookies, then I don't know why
they would be sensitive to the domain. They would still be sensitive to
application boundaries, perhaps, but not to the domain.

John Saunders