Session State Problem

Joe

Hello,

I am facing a problem in an ASP.NET application that I have written.

When hosted under IIS6 under Default Website, connected users are being
disconnected unexpectedly within a time less than the Session Time Out
(which is set to 60 minutes in Web.Config and in IIS).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Joe.

Guest

Check your IIS process - recycling options. An app pool recycle can cause
this. Also, if your app is buggy, the app itself could be causing recycles.
Peter

Tim_Mac

hi Joe,
check the application event log and see if the ASP.NET proces is
recycling itself, this will cause all sessions to be lost.
is there anything else that could be causing a recompilation of the web
site? i.e. changes to web.config file, etc

if possible you could add trace information to a page and set an
Application variable with a timestamp of when the application started.
then you could make sure that it is just the sessions that are expiring
prematurely, rather than the application restarting.

hope this helps
tim

Amie

I once ran into the same situation and it had something to do with
virus scan in our case. Sometimes the virus scan application touches
web.config and restarts the app. There should be a setting somewhere
where you can preventing it from scanning certain file extensions.

You could try storing session on SQL tables, which suprisingly worked
quite well. I just had to run some SQL script provided by Microsoft and
change session settting in web.config.

Good luck,
Amie