Session time out

Viv

Iam stuck with a really serious problem, bcoz of session time out.
Elaborting the problem in detail here -

Iam working on a application which exposes various functions as web
services, can also return jsp's. User will not directly acces this
application, but other external application running on different
servers will interact with the application.
Extenal application pass locale to the function at the entry point
only,now this locale is stored in session, depending on the locale the
function return jsp with header, footer, left navigation (all these are
internationalized ie requires locale before rendering).
When the seesion expires, I have to show an error page with appropiate
header & footer(locale based). But as session expires, the locale is
lost. So how I will render the error page jsp ?

Andrea Desole

Viv said:
Iam stuck with a really serious problem, bcoz of session time out.
Elaborting the problem in detail here -

Iam working on a application which exposes various functions as web
services, can also return jsp's. User will not directly acces this
application, but other external application running on different
servers will interact with the application.
Extenal application pass locale to the function at the entry point
only,now this locale is stored in session, depending on the locale the
function return jsp with header, footer, left navigation (all these are
internationalized ie requires locale before rendering).
When the seesion expires, I have to show an error page with appropiate
header & footer(locale based). But as session expires, the locale is
lost. So how I will render the error page jsp ?

There is no way you can keep this information on the server without
using a timeout, or having the server keep the information indefinitely.
A better solution in this case is probably to save the information on
the client. That is, use a cookie (supposing that the browser allows it)

Andrew Thompson

When the seesion expires, I have to show an error page with appropiate
header & footer(locale based). But as session expires, the locale is
lost. So how I will render the error page jsp ?

You might try using the 'wetware' API, but unfortunately
it is not installed in all UA's.

It works like this, on your final error page, simply
have links to information in..

English | Français | Deutsch | Español | Italiano |..