Session Timeout Site

catweezle2010

Hello,

I have a page, which is sometimes not used till the session timed out.
Unfortunaltely the page the user normaly stay while doing nothing is as
searchpage for a database. Now the user, not knowing that the session
time is over, starts filling the search fields and press the button to
start searching. Now he gets no result but the loginpage, called by "if
session is newsession".

I do not search a way to keep the session alive. I want to go to the
login page by myself. To test it I set the session timeout to 1 in
web.config and an autorefresh in meta to the page by 70 seconds. In the
global.asax event session_end (helpfully Session_OnEnd because i read
about both ways and don't know which one is the right) I
response.redirect to the login page. But I still stay on my search page
- why?

Any help?