session variable between two windows

Soha

i'm using the dundas freelib upload code to upload files in my website.
when the user choses to upload a file a new window is opened and the
upload procedure goes fine and the file is uploaded successfully. but
the problem is the i want to know the name of the file in the parent
window to save it in the database. i tried to use a session variable
which contains the name of the file but it dosen't work.
the parent window contains a form which is used to insert new data in
the database so i can't use the upload window to insert the filename in
the database.

Evertjan.

Soha wrote on 30 apr 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
i'm using the dundas freelib upload code to upload files in my website.
when the user choses to upload a file a new window is opened and the
upload procedure goes fine and the file is uploaded successfully. but
the problem is the i want to know the name of the file in the parent
window to save it in the database. i tried to use a session variable
which contains the name of the file but it dosen't work.
the parent window contains a form which is used to insert new data in
the database so i can't use the upload window to insert the filename in
the database.

Use a streaming file for uploading and register the facts in your database
before the stream start.

Evertjan.

Evertjan. wrote on 30 apr 2005 in
Soha wrote on 30 apr 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

Use a streaming file for uploading and register the facts in your
database before the stream start.

Sorry, this is nonsense, I was thinking of downloading.

;-}

Uploading registration depends upon the uploader module.

Kyle Peterson

here is some code from one of my projects...
I think "UserFilename" is what you want

I cant remember what is going on with the "ServerAssignedName"

You will have to play around with it..

set Upload = server.CreateObject("Dundas.Upload.2")
Upload.UseUniqueNames = True
Upload.MaxFileSize = 1048576
Upload.Save(UploadDirectory)

ServerAssignedName = Mid(Upload.Files(0).Path,
InstrRev(Upload.Files(0).Path,"\") + 1)
UserFilename = Mid(Upload.Files(0).OriginalPath,
InstrRev(Upload.Files(0).OriginalPath,"\") + 1)

Soha

i'm sorry but i didn't understand what is "ServerAssignedName". form
the code i see that ur building a name of the file file but how can i
use this name in the parent window. dose the parent window see this
ServerAssignedName"? is it available for the other pages displayed in
the parent window?