session variables not updating

Guest

I have an aspx page that I want to use to collect info and create session
variables before navigating to another aspx page to use the new session vars.
Ie, consider the following page, setSession.aspx ...
<%
Dim dlrCode = Request.QueryString("dlrCode")
Dim fileName = Request.QueryString("flName")

session("snDealerCode") = dlrCode
Response.Redirect("" & fileName & "")
%>

If I navigate to this page with
http://localhost/myApp/setSession.aspx?dlrCode=3000&flName=Page2.aspx I
correctly navigate to Page2.aspx and I see "hello 3000" printed (with the
help of a Response.Write("hello " & Session("snDealerCode") statement in
Page2.aspx)

The problem is that if I then navigate to
http://localhost/myApp/setSession.aspx?dlrCode=8888&flName=Page2.aspx,
Page2.aspx comes up and still displays "hello 3000". If I click Refresh,
Page2 then updates and correctly displays "hello 8888". I really don't want
users to have to click Refresh every time.

Does anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
TIA