    I do not want users to click on BACK button on browser or paste the url link
    in the http:// and shows the record displayed after logout. This works fine
    if users close the Browser.

    Al, Dec 13, 2004

  2. It sounds from your question that you actually want to end the session,
    which will in turn destroy all the session variables. Use Session.Abandon.
    As far as using the back button, the values will still display in the page
    unless the page is set not to cache.
    (http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2022)

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Dec 13, 2004

  3. Al

    Evertjan. Guest

    Al wrote on 13 dec 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    > Is possible to terminate all session variable created
    > without closing the browser

    Removing all session variables can be done by

    Session.Contents.RemoveAll()

    or more drastically by

    Session.abandon.

    > I do not want users to click on BACK button on browser or paste the
    > url link in the http:// and shows the record displayed after logout.
    > This works fine if users close the Browser.

    Session variables live on the server only and have nothing to do with your
    clientside problem.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Dec 13, 2004
  4. Al

    Al Guest

    I this Session.abandon. already but still don't work
    if I press the BACK botton it display the record.
    and it only get destroyed when user close the Browser.

    Thanks Again

    Al, Dec 13, 2004
  5. Did you read the the second half of my post?

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Dec 14, 2004