    Chuck Foster
    Programmer Analyst
    Eclipsys Corporation - St. Vincent Health System

    chuckdfoster, Dec 22, 2005

  2. chuckdfoster

    Marina Guest

    Session_End is a server side event. There is no way to communicate anything
    back to the client. HTTP is stateless. Once the user received the results of
    their request, that's it. There is no way to send any data to the user.
    There is no way to pop open windows, or redirect them, or anything like
    that.

    You can either wait until their next request, see that they have a new
    session, or are not authenticated, or whatever, and then either redirect
    them, or send down javascipt to pop open a new page.

    Or, you can have a javascript timer going off after the page loads that
    waits until the same amount of time has passed as the length of the session,
    and then does a redirect or whatever.

    Marina, Dec 22, 2005