    or should I use other mechanism like: 20090904_170303
    where before _ is the current date and after is the time with the mili/micro
    seconds?
    Paulo, Sep 4, 2009

  2. Paulo

    Evertjan. Guest

    Paulo wrote on 04 sep 2009 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    > Can the SessionID returns the same number used in any time?

    No, only during a session.
    If the same user also opens a session with another browser, or with the
    same browser at another time, it is another session with anothe sessionid

    > Example: if the user receives the number 123 can this number 123 be
    > returned other time by other user or by himself?

    The sessionid is given by the ASP-server stored as a sessioncookie on the
    browser and is specific for that user.

    It is a very long string of characters on both sides of the =,
    like:

    ASPSESSIONIDCQPAULOA=KONHPFIAKKPOKCKGFPAULOHO

    > or this number is never repeated?

    It does not repeat within a normal lifetime of less than 625 years.

    > or should I use other mechanism like: 20090904_170303

    A mechanism to achieve what?

    > where before _ is the current date and after is the time with the
    > mili/micro seconds?

    This is not as good, and you won't get microseconds
    in ASP-vbscript or ASP-Jscript btw.

    Strange you ask this, this knowledge is available all over the web
    and in the archive of this NG too.

    Is this perhaps a school assignment?

    --
    Evertjan.