Set defualt date as Week Day before Today.

Phillip Vong

VB.Net and a simple aspx.net page.

I have this simple code that puts Today's date in these 2 textboxes. Can
some one tell me how to set these two boxes with yesterday's date excluding
weekends?

Thanks!
phil

--------------------------------

Dim dtmToday As String

dtmToday = Now.Date.ToString("MM/d/yyy")

TextBox1.Text = dtmToday

TextBox2.Text = dtmToday

Phillip Vong

Thanks, but that didn't work. Your code just took the date back 7 days
INCLUDING WEEKENDS. If the textbox is 12/11/06, it is now 12/4/06. If I
change the code to -1, it will go back one day but it does not disregard the
weekends. How do you disregard the weekends?

Rad [Visual C# MVP]

Thanks, but that didn't work. Your code just took the date back 7 days
INCLUDING WEEKENDS. If the textbox is 12/11/06, it is now 12/4/06. If I
change the code to -1, it will go back one day but it does not disregard the
weekends. How do you disregard the weekends?

Hey Philip,

Try this out. Its not pretty but it works

sub Main
' This should return monday the 11th
Console.WriteLine( _
GetLastBusinessDay(new DateTime(2006,12,12),1))
'This should return friday the 8th
Console.WriteLine( _
GetLastBusinessDay(new DateTime(2006,12,12),2))
Console.ReadLine()
end sub

function GetLastBusinessDay (theDate as DateTime, daysAgo as Integer) as
DateTime
'
' Some local variables
'
dim counter as integer
dim temp as DateTime =theDate
'
' Put in a loop
'
while true
'
' Do some error checking
'
if theDate=DateTime.MinValue
return DateTime.MinValue
end if

'
' Decrement the day
'
temp= temp.AddDays(-1)
'
' Check if it is a weekday
'
select case temp.DayOfWeek
case DayOfWeek.Monday to DayOfWeek.Friday
'
' It is! Increment the counter
'
counter=counter+1