    based browser and msie?

    --

    //Aho

    J.O. Aho, Jan 10, 2007

  2. J.O. Aho

    Ivan Pesa Guest

    "J.O. Aho" wrote in message
    >I wonder if it's possible to set the height of a table to be at least the
    >same as the displayed area in the browser without using javascript
    >(including that jscript from microsoft), so that it works in gecko based
    >browser, opera, khtml based browser and msie?
    >

    > --
    >
    > //Aho

    U can use this simple order --> <table height="100%">

    Ivan Pesa, Jan 10, 2007

  3. Re: Set table height to minum of the size of the "window" withoutjavascript?

    J.O. Aho wrote:
    > I wonder if it's possible to set the height of a table to be at least
    > the same as the displayed area in the browser without using javascript
    > (including that jscript from microsoft), so that it works in gecko based
    > browser, opera, khtml based browser and msie?

    Most likely you are trying to use a table improperly for layout instead
    of just to display tabular data.

    Check out:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=tabless html layout&btnG=Google Search

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Jan 10, 2007
  4. Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 10, 2007
  5. Jonathan N. Little, Jan 11, 2007
  6. Re: Set table height to minum of the size of the "window" without javascript?

    Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >>
    >>> Check out:
    >>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=tabless html layout&btnG=Google Search

    >> or maybe even:
    >> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=tableless html layout
    >>
    >> <g>

    > Thanks for correcting my *really* bad spelling!

    Welcome. <g>

    I have written some tabless pages in the past, though...

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 11, 2007
  7. J.O. Aho

    J.O. Aho Guest

    Ivan Pesa wrote:
    > "J.O. Aho" wrote in message
    >> I wonder if it's possible to set the height of a table to be at least the
    >> same as the displayed area in the browser without using javascript
    >> (including that jscript from microsoft), so that it works in gecko based
    >> browser, opera, khtml based browser and msie?

    > U can use this simple order --> <table height="100%">

    None of Konqueror, SeaMonkey, Opera or MSIE seems to do this, even tried that
    in CSS.

    --

    //Aho

    J.O. Aho, Jan 11, 2007
  8. J.O. Aho

    J.O. Aho Guest

    Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    > J.O. Aho wrote:
    >> I wonder if it's possible to set the height of a table to be at least
    >> the same as the displayed area in the browser without using javascript
    >> (including that jscript from microsoft), so that it works in gecko
    >> based browser, opera, khtml based browser and msie?
    >>

    > Most likely you are trying to use a table improperly for layout instead
    > of just to display tabular data.

    With the simple table, I get things to keep the right order, while using div
    to place things out seems to generate quite different looks in different
    browsers. While using a table does generate a similar look on them all, even
    links keeps the design.

    +-------+
    | |
    +--+----+
    | | |
    | | |
    | | |
    +--+----+
    | |
    +-------+

    This is what I try to get, which I get with a simple table.

    I would wish to get that last "cell" to be placed at the bottom of the display
    area if the whole page don't take up more space.

    Pages "suggested" by Beauregard don't have help me much at all.

    --

    //Aho

    J.O. Aho, Jan 11, 2007
  9. J.O. Aho

    Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, "J.O. Aho" <>
    vouchsafed:

    > Ivan Pesa wrote:
    >> "J.O. Aho" wrote in message
    >>> I wonder if it's possible to set the height of a table to be at
    >>> least the same as the displayed area in the browser without using
    >>> javascript (including that jscript from microsoft), so that it works
    >>> in gecko based browser, opera, khtml based browser and msie?

    >> U can use this simple order --> <table height="100%">

    > None of Konqueror, SeaMonkey, Opera or MSIE seems to do this, even
    > tried that in CSS.

    You need to include a css style something like:

    html,body {
    height:100%;
    }

    to get a reference.