Set table height to minum of the size of the "window" without javascript?

J.O. Aho

I wonder if it's possible to set the height of a table to be at least the same
as the displayed area in the browser without using javascript (including that
jscript from microsoft), so that it works in gecko based browser, opera, khtml
based browser and msie?

Ivan Pesa

"J.O. Aho" wrote in message
I wonder if it's possible to set the height of a table to be at least the
same as the displayed area in the browser without using javascript
(including that jscript from microsoft), so that it works in gecko based
browser, opera, khtml based browser and msie?

U can use this simple order --> <table height="100%">

Jonathan N. Little

J.O. Aho said:
I wonder if it's possible to set the height of a table to be at least
the same as the displayed area in the browser without using javascript
(including that jscript from microsoft), so that it works in gecko based
browser, opera, khtml based browser and msie?
Most likely you are trying to use a table improperly for layout instead
of just to display tabular data.

Check out:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=tabless+html+layout&btnG=Google+Search

J.O. Aho

Jonathan said:
Most likely you are trying to use a table improperly for layout instead
of just to display tabular data.

With the simple table, I get things to keep the right order, while using div
to place things out seems to generate quite different looks in different
browsers. While using a table does generate a similar look on them all, even
links keeps the design.

+-------+
| |
+--+----+
| | |
| | |
| | |
+--+----+
| |
+-------+

This is what I try to get, which I get with a simple table.

I would wish to get that last "cell" to be placed at the bottom of the display
area if the whole page don't take up more space.

Pages "suggested" by Beauregard don't have help me much at all.

Neredbojias

None of Konqueror, SeaMonkey, Opera or MSIE seems to do this, even
tried that in CSS.

You need to include a css style something like:

html,body {
height:100%;
}

to get a reference.