Set the input-type dynamically in IE

vega80

Hi.

I have problems with setting the input type of a text-field
dynamically. I create the input-field in the html-code, but have to
change the type from text (<input type='text'...>) to hidden (<input
type='hidden'...>) later. This works in Firefox, but won't work in IE
(gets the error "property is not supported"). Does anyone know a way to
change the input-type dynamically in IE? The reason why I need to do
this, is because I want to hide a input-field the first time the page
is loaded; when the user hits a button a second field is revealed and
the first one will be hidden. I can use element.style.display = 'none',
but I've heard that it bugs in Safari? Anyway, I will be very thankful
for your suggestions.

Greetings
Vega80

vega80

Ooops...I put this in the wrong subgroup. Sorry. Hope you'll answer it
anyway.

Vega80