Set timeout and kill external windows program

Chico Jayanthan

Hi,

I call an external windows program (.exe) from a
python script. Something like os.system('test.exe'). I
want to set a timeout for the external windows program
to return. If no results are produced by the external
windows program (test.ext) within this timeout limit,
I want to terminate the external windows program and
continue with the python script.

How do I set the timeout and terminiate the external
windows program from within the Python script?

Thanks.
Suganthan.