    _setjmp hiding in the header. Venus is the resplendent morning star while
    Orion aims point blank at the moon. Q) How does one determine what exists
    on someone else's header files short of actually procuring them?

    Merrill & Michele, Oct 2, 2004

  2. Merrill & Michele

    CBFalconer Guest

    Merrill & Michele wrote:

    .... snip irrelevancies ...
    > Q) How does one determine what exists on someone else's header
    > files short of actually procuring them?

    By reading the C standard, which specifies the standard headers
    that must exist and the things they must define.

    --
    Chuck F () ()

    CBFalconer, Oct 2, 2004

  3. "CBFalconer" wrote:
    > ... snip irrelevancies ...
    > Merrill & Michele wrote:
    > > Q) How does one determine what exists on someone else's header
    > > files short of actually procuring them?

    > By reading the C standard, which specifies the standard headers
    > that must exist and the things they must define.

    I could not, in full bravado, claim that K&R shows only functions f1 and f2
    declared in this standard header and that anything else is either of limited
    utility or easily derived? It is, believe me, on my list to make an assault
    on the full standard, but I'm not ready yet. MPJ

    Merrill & Michele, Oct 2, 2004