setSize problem

Douglas Masterson

I am extending a Canvas and need to call setSize() at various times in
response to user interaction. The problem is that the call to setSize() will
clear the Canvas before paint() or update() is called, causing my graphics
to flicker. Since I only need to update a portion of my Canvas after a
resize, I would like to be in control of what part of the Canvas gets
cleared. Is there a way to keep setSize from clearing the Canvas?

Thanks for the help!
Doug